Thursday, January 30, 2014

More projects with C'est Magnifique's "An Aura of Romance" Feb kit!

Welcome back! It's time to share some more projects made with the gorgeous "An Aura of Romance" kit from C"est Magnifique Kits! My niece let me "steal" some photos of their travels in Europe off of Facebook, and when I came across this photo I just loved the pop of the red flowers and the laundry hanging off the balcony. I tried to recreate the stone building, and had a blast trying! This photo is taken in Italy.

 To create this layout I used the Main Kit, the Flower Add-on kit, the Embellishment Add-on and the Distress Paint from the Mixed Media Add-on. From my stash: stencil, modeling paste, mists, dies, chalk ink, distress ink, distress stains, gesso, border punch, lace,. micro beads, texture thick, cardstock

 I used lots of mists and paint[from MMM kit] and  Texture Thick by Decoart for in between the bricks.  A few touches of micro beads.

 I love these gates from the Embellishment kit! I first primed them with gesso, then used distress stains in the metalics and a bit of teal chalk ink for some patina, then a few touches of gesso to finish.

 Flowers from the main kit, the flower add on, and then I made the red ones with a Memory Box flower die and red cardstock., the leaves are made with a die and green cardstock as well.





I had this wooden picture frame kicking around for a while and never got around to altering it, so I thought it would be perfect for this kit. This is a photo of myself and my beautiful daughter from a family photo shoot we had done in November.
 To alter this frame I used the Main Kit, the Flower Add on, the Embellishment Add-on and the ink from the MMM Kit. From my stash I used: modeling paste, gesso, stencil, distress ink, doily.

 I used the mist from the Embellishment kit to spray the white flower from the Flower add-on, and touched the edges of everything with gesso.

 I used the ink from the MMM kit on some of the edges and on the doily and took the lid off of the mist and splattered it lightly onto the frame. Added touches of gesso on the wooden berries helps with the wintery feel.

The stenciling I did with the modeling paste almost looks like snow falling!



This last layout I will be showing you today is of my nephew and niece, Donovan and Tracey, who have spent lots of time traveling in Europe before they had their 2 adorable boys. This photo is taken in Italy and they are celebrating their 5th Anniversary, hence the title "Celebrate". I wanted to use the more neutral and cooler tones of the kit, with a few touches of gold. 
 To create this layout I used the Main Kit, the flower add-on, the embellishment add-on and the MMM add-on. From my stash: stencil, modeling paste, gesso,  doily, acrylic glaze, distress ink, Shimmerz Texturez, chalk ink.


 On this Blue Fern Studios swirl chippie I first painted it with gesso, and then with my fingers I dabbed on the gold ShimmerZ Texturez that came in the MMM add on, and the  Patina Shimmerz Texutrez from my stash. Then I touched it in various places with a brown chalk ink for added depth. Love the great textured results and so easy!

 I slplattered some blue acrylic glaze on the stenciled background and spritzed it with lots of water to make it run down the page. I fussy cut out the butterflies from the gorgeous papers from the Main Kit.

I tucked in pieces of the black lace from the Main Kit around the outer edge of the layout where I had ripped some of the paper away to reveal the paper underneath. Love the Prima resin photo corner, so cute! I added the chandelier from the Embellishment add-on for added elegance to further enhance the "dining experience" in the photo.

I will be back tomorrow to share my last layout using the Feburary Sketch from C'est Magnifique kits!

Be blessed!

2 comments: