Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It's her beauty....~My Creative Sketches April Sketch Challenge!~

Its time to reveal the April sketch of the Month for My Creative Sketches, and my interpretation of it! It was such a fun sketch to work with, and I knew exactly what papers I was going to use and what photo as well!

My layout features one of Prima's new lines, Divine, and the photo I chose to work with is one I took of Cassidy as a baby during a summer family vacation.  I wanted to try something new for me, so I fussy cut Cassidy out of the surround photo. Love the effect!
This months sketch is brought to us by Michelle Fowler! And it is a beauty!

I actually  did a lot of fussy cutting of this layout, from mini banners, to large banners, to flowers.  I did some distressed edge punching and I doodled aorund all the layers of paper and the banners.  Did a bit of masking with modeling paste and some random stamping.

I used another Kaiserkraft rubon for my title. This time I rubbed it onto a sheet of transparance and then cut around it and gluing it in place with one dab and covered it with the bird in landing.
I loved using cheese cloth for Cassidy to sit on as she is looking at the bird in the birdbath! I lightly spritzed some Glimmer Mist on thedoily that the photo is lying against. It helped to draw some of the other colors in together.  Just loved doing this layout!  Look at the flower Cassidy is holding in her hand!

close up of the banner, and you can see all the various layers underneath!

These flowers are from I am Roses, and I love them!

Here you can actually read some journaling I added....I know, a rarity for me! Love the doodling around the edges of the banners too. It helps to make it all pop!

I know Pam has a great prize package for the winner of Aprils sketch challenge, so girls, make sure you go to the blog and check out what that could be, AND look at all the inspiration of all the other designers!

I can't thank you enough for stopping by and leaving me some love so please leave the other girls some well deserved love too!
Be Blessed everyone, and have a AWESOME week!

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. That is such a gorgeous sketch and I love all the beautiful details on your layout.. love the cut out photo too!!

    ReplyDelete