Thursday, March 28, 2013

precious treasure ~SOUS sketch~


Helloooo! Its reveal Friday at Stuck on U Sketches! YAY!!!!!! My favorite Friday! We have another lovely sketch by Sandi Clarkson to share with you and we each have our own interpretation of it! Today I would like to share mine with you! My 2 great nieces, Cassidy and Lucia, are the feature of my layout this week.  You see, they share a birthday with in a short period of time, and Mom did a photo shoot with them in the bathtub full of bubbles! How darling!

I used the Bo Bunny paper collection "Isabella", and they worked perfectly as the photos were already black and white.I haphazardly punched around three sides of the background paper with a MS punch. Doing it this way gives it a distressed ragged look.  I also took my Prima distress tool and with the side that has the rasp I distressed the paper to the point of breaking thru and making holes. I also used some Dusty Attic words and a large Dusty Attic swirly Flourish!

 Here is the lovely sketch designed by our beautiful and talented Sandi Clarkson! Please check out her blog for her gorgeous work!

 A close up of the I am Roses flowers, and the Prima resin Fairy, and the new wooden Prima bird I painted white with gesso.  I also added touches of gesso to the flowers.

 here is a close up of the title, which I painted white with gesso.  I used a Prima chicken wire stencil with moulding paste in random areas of the background paper.

 in this close up you can see more how I treated the Dusty Attic flourish. I first painted it with gesso, adding layers at a time, making them thicker in areas and hitting it with my heat gun to get some bubbling. I then used a grey Shimmers and a Pink Glimmer mist and spritzed in various areas, drying with the heat gun.

 Just a few close ups of the photos at different angles so you can see more details of the layout.

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look! Please go to the Stuck on U Sketches blog and see what amazing designs the other designers came up with and please try out this sketch and link it back to the blog and you may be in the top 3! 

Be blessed and have a Blessed Easter!  He is Risen!

13 comments:

  1. So so gorgeous and divine colors! Thanks for the shout out, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie, Happy Easter. What a fab layout, I love the photo - its just adorable. And love all your flowers and that its all so girly. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Bonnie! I love these papers, and I really love the flow of the flourishes under your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to come back for another look! I would never have bought these papers but you are sure making me re-think that! This is divine! Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Bonnie...oh this is just gorgeous and the background looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is risen,indeed! I think this is one of my all-time faves from you-just amazing from the colors to the techniques to the super sweet pic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter to you and the family Bonnie, and Oh My, this layout is just pure gorgeousness. Love the chicken wire background, the flower cluster, the chippies and the perfect colour palette - stunning... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layout, super layers there, Happy Easter days Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so pretty Bonnie! I love the color palette and the beautiful spray of pink flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie, this is beautiful!!!! Love, love, love the flower cluster and flourish!! Super cute photo!! Hope you are having a great week... Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BONNNNNNNNNNIE!
    This is SO freaking gorgeous! Seriously!
    I adore all the extra photos you took and shared with us!
    But really, all the details! OMG!
    Beyond amazing...all the pages!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh miss Bonnie, this is gorgeous.. Love love love the colors, the dark background with the pink.. Mouth watering color choice.. Amazing!!
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete