Friday, November 16, 2012

~My Creative Sketches~ November Sketch Challenge

Well it time for My Creative Sketches November sketch reveal! This months sketch is truly gorgeous, and I knew exactly which photo and paper line I was going to use for it! The photo is of my cousin's daughter Madelyn,[don't you just LOVE this photo?] and Prima's Romance Novel collection was made for it!


 Here is the gorgeous sketch designed by Kim Keane!

I used a toilet paper roll dipped in gesso and made circles in different areas of the layout.

 I used a stencil and light molding paste. Once that was dry I outlined it and colored it with a wash of Distress Stains.

 I used a new EK Success punch for around the outside of the circle. I cut it up into pieces, making it look like individual flowers and inked them and scrunched them up and touched them with gesso here and there. 

I fussy cut some of the papers and tucked it in beside the photo, along with a Prima clock and some flowers.

 I love this flower cluster at the upper left hand corner of the photo. I touched these flowers with gesso as well.

 The photo its self chose the title of the layout for me, and I had to use the Prima wooden letters for part of it!
 I used gesso on the flowers and tips of the papers, and used Prima's black tassels. I used a Martha Stewart punch around the page punch for the light background paper, and distressed those edges with ink and by tearing some areas.

Close up of the clock and fussy cut flower.

Thanks so much for dropping by!  Please go to My Creative Sketches and see what the rest of the design team has created to showcase the sketch and to inspire you to give it a try and possibly win this fabulous prize!


Or you could have your layout featured on My Creative Sketches! Have a blessed weekend everyone and stay safe!


6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Bonnie love all the layers and femininity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is just delishious Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning.. so many details.. so very pretty.. love all the flowers.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout Bonnie...beautiful work as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is beyond stunning...a real work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the sketch Bonnie, with all its many little details! It is so, so beautiful! And thanks for leaving your sweet comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete