Thursday, November 10, 2011

*Drool Worthy* @ SOUS!


Welcome fellow scrappers, bloggers and lovers of all things beautiful and crafty! It is Reveal Friday at Stuck on U Sketches! Today's sketch is brought to us by our own lovely and talented Nanne! I snagged some really cute photos of my Great Niece Lucia Tait off of Facebook a while back and now was the time to use them.  Let me introduce you to "Drool Worthy"!


For this sketch I decided to flip it to work with my photos better.  I used papers from Websters "ladies & Gentlemen" collection.  I really like the colors of this collection.


Here is the sketch provided to us by Nanne from Nanne's Creations.


Just the other day I bought a number of packages of these really cute Prima Alphas that are made of canvas and are small. Yummy!  I used Crystal Stickles  to outline the title.


The larger fabric flowers are Prima flowers, the roses and leaves from I am Roses, and the small dark pink are Petaloo.  The resin bird is Prima. I used a black marker and doodled around the outer edges.


I used a layer of a Dusty Attic scroll frame that has two parts.  This is the bottom layer that didn't have any details.  I used an idea that I got from Gabi Pollacco that she put on the Dusty Attic website. It is about giving your chipboard a 3-D look, but I will tell you, her's is much better than mine! lol.  I used Liquid Pearls to draw on my dimension  and once that was dry I painted over everything with white paint.  Then I took some Glimmer Mist in Dragonfly, I believe, and painted it on with a paint brush.  I then added a second layer in a green and brushed it on and let it pool in the grooves and dried it with my heat tool.  I accented the dimension with crystal Stickles.


If you look closely at this photo you will see Lucia's chin wet with drool, and hence where I got my title for this layout!  A little play on words.


I used a paper doily for the circle and I painted the flowers, leaves and background with Distress Inks/Stains and a paint brush.  The little white bird house is from Prima's resin collection. 



Just a close up of the flower cluster in the upper right hand corner.

Thank you so much for dropping by so I could share my layout with you.  Its always a pleasure to share my passion with others!  Don't forget to stop by SOUS and see what the other designers have prepared to share with you.  We have such a wide variety of styles in our group I am sure you won't be disappointed! 

Have a Blessed weekend!

10 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous and what a cutie...love that title :) Your chippy looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI.. such cute photos, and a beautiful layout.. love the colors and thanks for sharing all the yummy details!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Bonnie and I love what you did with the chippie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you used that blue swirl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab layout, Bonnie .. you will have all of us drooling over your latest creation! Awesome colors .. and the 3d effect on the chippie is fantastic! Have a great weekend@

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous page Bonnie! I absolutely LUV the detail u went to with the Dusty Attic scroll

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh!!!! this is soooooo adorable!!!! Such fab fun bright colors, the frame turned out great. I LOVE your title!!!! Those photos are just sooo precious!!!! ROCKIN' layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely beautiful ... what a little sweetheart .. hugz X:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!!!! I love it!!! the colors are fantastic!!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete