Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sketch contest at My Creative Sketches!

Hello fellow bloggers and followers!  Have you check out My Creative Scrapbooks new sketch blog?  They are having a Fall sketch contest and they prizes are amazing!  I know this from experience!  Here is my take on the sketch.


This layout is of my daughter on her wedding day.  Her now husband was her first and only boyfriend,  High School Sweethearts to be exact.  They dated for 6 yrs and Jerica waited so patiently [ ok, not always] for her wedding day.  That is why I titled the layout "At Last". I used Webster's Pages 'Country Estate' paper collection.  I loved they way they seemed to compliment  the surrounding area of where this photo was taken.



This sketch was created by Kim Keane, and it was a very enjoyable sketch to work with.





I used Deco scissor to cut out the matting for the photo.  I used some of the black paper that comes with the Dusty Attic pieces.... it all comes in handy!  For the title I used puffed alphas from SEI. The color is called Blue Raspberry.  I did lots of fussy cutting and lots and lots of layering !


I just totally love the Dusty Attic circle with the flourishes on it!  I wanted this piece to go a long way, so I cut it in half, saving the rest for a different layout. I tried a new technique that I had seen on the DA message board.  I soaked the edges of the flourish with water and separated the layers and then took my heat tool and dried it.  I love that distressed look!  I then used White Picked Fence Distress Crackle Paint by Ranger and gave the DA piece a good thick coat.  Once that was dry I sprayed this as well with the Moon Shadow mist, and used some distress inks on it.  I love the way it turned out!


I used some half pearls from Prima, [ I think!] pearl strings for the butterfly flight path that I got at my local thrift store.  The punched butterfly is from Martha Stewart and I inked the edges and covered it with Rock Candy Crackle Paint.  I also used the same crackle paint on some of the fussy cut flowers.


 I did a bit of stamping, here is the date of their wedding, and I did some stamping in the upper corners of the back ground paper.



The little roses are from I am Roses, that I purchased in white, and then use Distress Inks to color them the color I wanted.  The blue Bloomers are from Petaloo, and came in off white and are mistable.  I used one of my blue Distress stains and dabbed it on.  To lighten the color abit I sprayed it with water and then pressed paper towel on top to remove as much of the color I wanted to get it to look just like this!


 I used my Gypsy/Cricut to cut out the scrolled fence boarder.  I cut out three layers and glued them together to make it more dimensional .  I then I sprayed it with  Moon Shadow Mist, Shimmerz, and white crackle paint. 



 I made this flower with my large Retro Flower punch and paper from the collection.  I used a rose from I am roses for the center.  You can see here the stamping I did and also the machine stitching. The tension wasn't set correctly but I found that it added to the charm of the layout.



And finally, a close up of the happy couple!  The photographer is a cousin of the groom, who did an amazing job for only having photography as a hobby!  His name is Brendan Heppner, and I give him credit for all the wedding photos!  

Thank you for taking the time to look at my work and hopefully you enjoyed looking as much as I enjoyed creating!  Don't for get to check out that contest at My Creative Sketches!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page, Bonnie! Love everything about it! Great job on that DA piece! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow....... this layout is just fabulous! Love every detail, every flower and every color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. this is stunning.. so much detail for an exquisite layout.. love it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful page Bonnie...love the clustering on the page, blooms and all of it. Awesome and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Bonnie I so love this... Beautiful Layout.... Glad you played along...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning page! Love their story, that is so sweet!
    Thanks for playing along with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so pretty! Love all the details and flowers. You are one of my winners! Please email me so, I can get your goodies to you. Congrats!
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete