Monday, October 17, 2011

Going Altered!

Hi everyone! For quite some time now I have been wanting to try my hand at altering an object. Over the past year or so I've picked up so object like this round box at our local thrift store.  The time has come and this is my result!




I used papers from Websters pages that I got in a kit from My Creative Scrapbook quite some time ago.  I thought since winter is coming *cough* I thought I'd do a wintery one.  I like it that the colors aren't your typical wintery colors. I *think* the paper collection is called Winter Wings, or something similar.



I did some distressing to the box by swiping on some distress ink and dry brushing some white paint.  



The large pinky flower and the crystal flourish are both from Prima.



The little white roses with the blue edges are from I am Roses as well as the leaves.



I cut out and rolled up some Christmas music papers from Tim Holtz, and distressed them with ink, paint and then sprinkled Diamond Glitter on them. The pearl ribbon trim I purchased from Wal Mart and I glued it around the top of the lid and the bottom of the box.



Last but certainly NOT least, I use a whole lot of Helmar's 450 Quickdry adhesive to glue the embelishments and the ribbon on.  I love getting my hands all gooey!


Now that I know that altering objects isn't as scary as I thought you will be seeing more from me!  Thanks for looking and please leave a comment!

3 comments:

  1. this is really gorgeous Bonnie......love the flower cluster with goodies on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.. this is really beautiful..you will have to try again.. the flowers on top look gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...I know I am so late getting to everyone but I still wanted to come by and check out your project for SOUS. And then I get to see this awesome box as well! My fav for sure is that rolled paper...Its amazing! Its funny how fun altering stuff is and I certainly haven't done it as much as many folks have!
    And I really enjoyed your take this week on the sketch as well! Simple with beautiful touches and gorgeous colors! Also, the photo is really special too!!!!!

    xoxo!!!!

    ReplyDelete