Saturday, September 24, 2011

mixed media canvas

I want to share this mixed media canvas I made at a class last weekend! Its so fun getting your hands all messy and full of paint and ink, and matte medium as well!


We used Claudine Hellmuth paints and gesso.  I used red, teal, purple and a bit of yellow.



I used some rub ons and stamped the butterfly with gesso.



The pattern paper I used was by Bo Bunny, and I used a chicken wire stamp by Prima.  The ink I used was black Archival ink by Ranger.


 The tiny butterflies where punched out with a Martha Stewart punch, and the Bo Bunny papers.


I had lots of fun using bubble wrap and stamping it on with gesso, and also  some red mixed with gesso to make the pink.  The flowers and punched butterflies where then out lined with a black sharpie.  The words that I used were just printed on white copy paper off the computer.


Thanks for taking a peek at my canvas, and please feel free to comment!  I always love reading your comments!

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! that is so amazing and so different!! I should try to get in some classes to teach me how to make stuff like that..LOL
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete