Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tried something new!




Friends



Hi everyone! Its hard to believe that its December already, but by looking outside at all the snow we have you'd think it was the end of January!  I've made a good start on my Christmas shopping, and for me, that is amazing!


I want to share this canvas I just finished with you all.  This is the first one I've ever done, so it was rather exciting for me!  I have a great friend who's 40th is coming up on the weekend so I thought it would be the perfect gift for her.


I got the canvas at the MCC store [thrift store] for .30 cents. Now that I look at the canvas,  I realize that I've used a number of the items on the canvas that I purchased at MCC!  The background is ripped up pages from a vintage book I bought there, and the fibers I've used as a border was also purchased there!


I made the Gerber daisies from cardstock and my Gypsy/Cricut and Picturesque cartridge.  I will be doing a tutorial on how I made them in the near future.  I used Tim Holtz  rusted grunge technique on the chipboard flourish.  I used Tim's flourish mask and a few of his distress inks on the background.


Thanks for taking a look, and thank you all for your support!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's very pretty Bonnie!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh..i'm so lovin your canvas chickie ~ beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete