Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Simple Pleasures - The full meal deal!


This layout was inspired  by the photo of my Mother in Law, at the age of 26, taken in 1946.  If you do the math, you will know that she is now 90! She is an inspiration!  The design was inspired by a sketch I found by Tanya Leigh Designs.  I usually stick pretty close to the sketches I follow.

I used pattern paper from IOD {Iron Orchid Designs] and distressed the edges with my Zutter Distrezzer , Ranger Distress ink and water. I used Bazzill Cardstock as the base of the layout and to mat my photo.  To create the Lacey ruffle around the cardstock frame I used one of my Martha Stewart border punches and punched out strips of paper and attached it to the back side of the cardstock. I  found some great pearl ribbon at my local thrift store and used that to finish of the frame for the photo.


 I used my Cricut to cut out the leaves from white cardstock and I used distress inks to bring them to life.  The title is  made from glitter alpha stickers by Creative Imaginations.



The vintage style lamp post is a laser cut chipboard by Dusty Attics.  They have amazingly detailed chipboard embellishments!  I used Ranger Distress Embossing Powder and a touch of Ranger Distress Stickles to help age the lamp post.  The butterfly was stamped with a Martha Stewart stamp, distress ink and finished with a thick layer of Ranger Distress Crackle Paint in Rock Candy. I finished off the butterfly bodies with half pearls.




I used a frosted string of pearls as a butterfly trail, wrapping up and around the lamp post. I hand made the pink paper flowers, and also hand made the brown flower from a zipper and lace.  I have made up a tutorial of the zipper flower to share with you all!


I used Journaling stickers by IOD Beloved line for the hidden journalling.  Journalling reads " This is Mary Klassen, my MIL at the age of 26. She is sitting in front of St. Pauls Hospital in Saskatoon, Sask, Canada , Where she was working before marriage."





I used a piece of shear pink ribbon to tie the key and the pink heart together, and used an Artisan Elements frame by Pink Paislee to put the name and date on to.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my layout as much as I enjoyed making it!

1 comment:

  1. Love the page, and I, too, have recently fallen in love with zipper flowers! Where have these been all my life?? Great details.

    ReplyDelete