Monday, March 1, 2010

From This Day Forward

I am excited to share with you today a little "experiment" I tried. I had seen this technique on line somewhere,but I don't remember. I thought it was a really sweet idea so I tried it! I printed a photo of myself on our wedding day onto a 11'x8.5' piece of a subtle pattern paper by Fancypants. I had made the photo to print in sepia tones so the whole picture is subtle. I was quite happy with the result!
I had seen on Tina Rutledge's blog That she had scrunched up the paper she had matted her photo on, and really liked that idea. I didn't know exactly how she did it, so I used my imagination and took out my spray bottle and spritzed around the edges of the photo to moisten them andmake them pliable. This worked pretty good, but I still want to find out from Tina if this is how she did it!




Once I got the paper where I wanted it I just let it dry overnight. The next day I inked the edges with Ranger Distress ink in Vintage Photo, and the ridges with Aged Mahogany , Vintage Photo and a very soft pink. I printed the title on my printer with the same paper as the photo and cut around it, inked the edges and put pop dots on it to give dimension. I used some Prima bling from my stash as well.

All my blooms are from Prima and I just love them! I took a burgandy ink I had and ran it gently over the tops and tips of the blooms to give them a bit more depth. I made the flourish with my Gypsy/Cricut and my newest cartridge called Home Decor. I used brown cardstock and cream cardstock for the "shadow". I then added a thick layer of Ranger Distress Ink, in Clear Rock Candy, and when that was dry i inked the edges in Aged Mahogany. Since the edges where all curled up I had to bend the flourish back into the shape it was supposed to be, which makes it look even more crackled. If you look closely, you will be able to see some music I stamped on with the Vintage Photo. I aslo did some subtle masking with the cut out of my flourish.



I have some sweet journaling cards from Webster's Pages, with a different print on each side. They are from their" Hello! Beautiful" collection. My journaling says "On this day I gave you my love, my heart, and everything that makes me who I am. I love you still, and always will!"I used one chipboard flower from Basic Grey's Bittersweet collection and inked it so it blended in better. I got some rub on flowers and the butterfly from my friend Lori who owns LIITD. She is such a generous person and love being able to scrap with the girls there!

Thank you for looking and I hope you enjoyed this layout!

2 comments:

  1. Even more gorgeous up close!!!!! And thanks so very much for sharing this stunning technique; I'm wanting to do this so badly!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. this is such a gorgeous layout!! Thanks for sharing the crinkled up photo paper.

    ReplyDelete