Monday, January 11, 2010

Natural Beauty

Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a good week! Looks like we are in for some warmer temperatures, but with that usually means bad driving conditions. Now that our daughter lives away from home I am always concerned about bad road conditions!

I told you in a prior post that I would be doing a layout using the Le Fleur Flower technique and here you have it!

First I'd like to tell you about the photo. This is my sweet Jerica who is 20 yrs old. My sister has recently gotten into photography and did a photo shoot with her. I really liked this photo and decided I needed to scrap it!

I used kraft cardstock as my base, Java cardstock for the frame, red cardstock for the frame shadow, and pattern paper by Daisy D for the frame blackout. I cut this really cute frame with my Cricut/Gypsy and the Cartridge Home Accent. I really love this cart! I also used it for the butterfly and its shadow.

The pp I used for the flowers and butterfly really worked nicely with the color of Jerica's hair I had this red scroll left over from an order from NiklinDesgins1225 at etsy and it picked up on the red in the frame and the flecks of red in the background paper.
Here is a close up of the Le Fleur flowers and the daisy flowers I made. I did some faux stitching around the matted picture. I had cut and opening for the picture and inked and curled up the edges .
Hre you can see the butterfly that I covered in Diamond Glaze, and once that was dry I covered it with Ranger Distress Stickles Rock Candy. I used pop dots to raise up the butterfly. On the brown frame you can see that I used a small flourish stamp and Versamark ink to give the brown frame some detail and depth. I then used Ranger Liquid Pears around the curved parts of the frame.



For the title " Natural Beauty", I cut out on my Cricut/Gypsy using Ashlyn's Alphabet for 'Natural', and Gypsy Font for 'Beauty'. I then used my Distressed Stickles in Frayed Burlap to give it some texture.
I decided to outline the frame with my white gel pen to make it all pop.

Thanks so much for joining me and I hope you enjoyed looking at my layout as much as I enjoyed making it!

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice!! Jerica is such a beautiful young lady! Where has the time gone?

    ReplyDelete